Choosing the most beautiful cities in Italy is not an easy task. This country has a lot of options to visit, all of them full of art, architecture, traditions, gastronomy, landscapes, …
However, we have risked making this list based on our experience traveling through Italy. We hope you find it useful to organize your next trip: Italy is waiting for you!
The most beautiful cities in Italy
- Rome: The Eternal City. There is no other city in Italy, and in the world, that has so much history in each of its corners. Rome is a monument in itself: temples, arches of triumphs, squares, Roman roads, the colosseum, the Roman forum, … And, as if that were not enough, it also has the Vatican City-State.
- Florence: It is one of the most beautiful cities in Italy and the World. Simply walking around the city you can see and feel the art in every corner. And what about its immense palaces full of works of art. It is almost impossible to visit each and every one of the artistic emblems of this beautiful city.
- Venice: The historic city of canals, palaces and gondolas. Its San Marcos square is special, as is the island of Murano and its masters in the art of glass blowing. We recommend that you get lost in its streets, aimlessly. Enjoying each of the corners of the city.
- Verona: To talk about this city is to talk about Romeo and Juliet . You can’t miss Juliet’s house and her bronze statue located right in front. It also stands out for well-preserved streets and squares. A special touch for your trip through the most beautiful cities in Italy.
- Bologna: Nice city with a careful and immense medieval old town. Here you can contemplate a multitude of porches, palaces and beautiful squares. And if you are a follower of Ferrari, you can not miss the opportunity to visit its factory in Modena (45 km from Bologna).
- Naples: It is a city with a special charm: mixture of cultures, chaotic, cunning knave and even something dangerous. Gastronomic reference, with its famous Neapolitan pizza at the head. It is located a few kilometers from Vesuvius volcano and the remains of the city of Pompeii (destroyed by this volcano).
- Pisa: Its leaning tower is unique in the world. And not only stands out for this monument, it also has a beautiful cathedral and a spectacular Battistero (chapel for the sacrament of baptism). It is an ideal city to complete your trip through northern Italy. (Read more about the Pisa city)
How to get to the most beautiful cities in Italy?
We look for the best flight options in www.skyscanner.com. From this website you can search for cheaper destinations in the month you choose, days with cheaper flights, among other interesting options.
You can also arrive by cruise to different coastal cities in Italy: Venice, Naples, Genoa, Rome (Civitavecchia Port), …
Accommodation in the most beautiful cities in Italy
You have all kinds of accommodation: luxury hotels, rural villas, hostels, … Italy is a tourist country with many accommodation options.
Keep in mind that, in general, accommodations are not as new as those built in Spain. A 3* or 4* hotel is a good option in Spain, but the same in Italy is not so good.
If you want a low accommodation price, look in areas close to places of interest, but not in the city center. Especially in cities like Rome or Venice, which have quite abusive prices.
And don’t complicate yourself, book now and just worry about enjoying its history, landscapes, traditions, …
These are the cities of Italy that we liked the most. And what do you think? What are your favorite places in beautiful Italy?
If you liked the post, support us with a like!
Kiss and hugs.